Pages

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Grade 1 Flexible Groupings/Grade 2 Math Big Buddies


We had a fantastic Math day today! The Grade 1's started flexible math groupings. The kiddos are placed with a different teacher with peers from other Gr. 1 classrooms to learn Number concepts/strategies. I had some kids come back from their groups doing math cheers and  a few taught me a new math game. It was a great opportunity for the kids to learn math, meet other Gr. 1 kids, and have fun doing it. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my Gr.1's as I was with a group of new to me Gr. 1 students at this time!

What did I do with our Gr. 2's during this time? Well Mrs. Olive and I partnered up and started Math Big Buddies. Her kindergartners will work with our Grade 2's during the Tuesday flexible grouping time. Today the Grade 2's read math books to the Kindergarten children, completed a Math About Me project, and played a number recognition game. Big Math Buddies are a great opportunity for our 2's to practise explaining their strategies!

Here are some pictures below!










Mrs. Ashley Daley-Creamer

No comments:

Post a Comment