Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

100 Day

Friday was 100 Day and unfortunately I "wasn't there". I stayed home, watched T.V.  and ate bonbons all day instead of teach the class (this I what I told the kiddos). Ms. Lulu Inabelle was our 100 year old guest teacher that day. And from the looks of the pictures the kiddos weren't there either...they sent in their great grandparents to school instead!

I told the kiddos t give me their best "Senior" face! What goofballs!

"Everyone pretend you are happy to see the grandkids!"

I told everyone to give me their best "angry grandparent" look. I must say I've seen all of these looks from my own grandma who really is named Lulu Inabelle!


Our hallway looked like the geriatric section of the hospital. We had quite a few seniors with canes, one with a really bad hump on their back, a few old folks with mustaches and one skeleton. The skeleton told us he didn't quite make it to his 100th birthday but wanted to celebrate with us all the same.

In the morning we wrote about what it would be like for students in 100 years, read 100 day books, started a challenge to read 100 books before March break and collected 100 words. During Math we did four stations. For You and Your World we talked about the changes that happen to someone as they turn from a child into an adult and then into a senior (newsflash-all the kids think they will have lots of nose hair and lose their teeth when they are seniors). We then made pictures of ourselves at 100 for Art class. Our brain breaks were centered around 100 day. I gave the kids 100 seconds to do as many jumps, stand-sits, etc as they could!

It was a fantastic day!



No comments:

Post a Comment