Pages

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Work on Writing


     In our class we use The Daily 5 as a way to organise our 90 minute Literacy block. There are 5 things that we do daily during literacy:word work, work on writing, read to self, read to someone and listen to reading. We have been working hard at building our stamina doing these activities independently. We can read to self for 17 minutes without stopping (no one asks to go to the bathroom, no one gets up, we just read). Meanwhile I get to work with small groups of kids on their reading/writing/phonemes. Our kiddos know not to interrupt me unless they have a "3 B" emergency (Blood, Barf, or Bathroom so bad you can't hold it anymore) and now we are working on building our stamina in writing.
      I really love to work on writing with the kids.Today the kids had free writing time-they were allowed to choose their own topic and just write. You might be surprised as to how writing time looks in our class. Check out the pictures below!

This is the anchor chart I use to establish the rules during work on writing. We have one chart for each part of Daily 5.

I let the kids sit wherever they want  as long as they are working!


     Your kids work hard. I'm so proud of all of the hard work they do for me in class!

Mrs. Ashley Daley-Creamer

No comments:

Post a Comment