Pages

Thursday 12 September 2013

Monthly Outcomes

        I am a firm believer in open communication between home and school as it is necessary for maximum school success. I love using this blog to tell you some of the wonderful things our kids are accomplishing in class! I also try to "fill you in"  by sending home monthly newsletters, communicating important information through our weekly homework sheets, emails, phone calls and sending home notes.

      In the monthly newsletters and homework sheets you will find an overview of what our kiddos will be learning in Math, Language Arts and You and Your World (YYW-basically our Health, Science, and Social Studies curriculum). On the entrance to our classroom I have posted the outcomes from our newsletter. If you happen to pop into our classroom you will also see "kid friendly" outcomes posted. I like to begin each lesson by saying "Today you will be learning..." and explaining to the kiddos why we are learning this. Most of the time they tell me why they think we are learning something and they can be spot on! Please feel free to contact me if you are ever wondering what the children will be learning! 

This is what I show the kids in class when I am telling them what we will be learning.

A quick shot of what we are covering in Math-still a work in progress.

Not so kid friendly-this is more for me. This keeps me on track in Math with the two grade levels.


This is posted on the window by our door.

 
Mrs. Ashley Daley-Creamer

No comments:

Post a Comment